Fall is just around the corner in Natick, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Natick a call at 781-239-1161 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!