Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your home. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at (781) 239-1161, check out our Natick showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.