Winter weather is just around the corner in Natick and when the temperature gets colder, the energy bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Natick winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Natick experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Natick.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Natick a call at (781) 239-1161 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.